Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Green and Black

I wonder if there is a point
where you've cried for so long
that your body no longer contains tears.
I guess that's why I'm so dehydrated now.

I've cried all of last night after finding out the news
and all of this afternoon.
School was a bitch, and holding in my tears was very difficult.

My stepgrandmother passed away last night
and I found out at 10:00 exactly.

I feel the most pain for my dad
because his mom died when he was in first grade
and his dad remarried when he was 13
and when I was in second grade his dad passed away.
When I was in 6th grade my uncle passed away,
and now all my dad has left is his younger sister.
His stepmom was the only person there for him growing up
and now she's gone.

Every time he closes a door,
or I call and he doesn't answer,
I wonder if I'm going to open the door
and he's going to be lying on the floor dead.

The funny thing about life is that you can predict the birth of a baby,
and you can estimate the common age range to die in,
but everything is purely up to chance.

One moment you could be stressing about a math test,
and the next you could be dead in a car crash.
Life is a mystery,
but I'm just trying to make the most of it.

Edelweiss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHujvkacNY

3 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear that

    But you're absolutely right; the only thing that we can do is make the most of life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, sorry to hear about that as well.

    And like Kay said, the only thing to do in life really, is to just live it, and make the most of our time here.

    In the words of good ole Abe Lincoln;

    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that you count. It's the life in your years."

    The sun always comes out after a storm.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :)
    And I like that quote :D

    ReplyDelete