Saturday, February 12, 2011

Castles

I love the way I could stare at the sky
and even when we were apart
I would feel like you were there with me.

The way that you knew my face so clearly
that without looking you could paint
a perfect replica of every freckle,
every line,
every strand of hair.

When we would hold hands
and we were so close
that it didn't feel like we were two people,
but it felt like we were molded together,
into one being
that had the same heart,
same feelings,
same warmth.

And when we kissed,
I just completely melted into you
and this tingling down my arms
and in my toes
spread your warmth throughout my whole body.

I wish I could hold these moments in my hand
and keep them forever
just to remember
that once upon a time,
I did have love.
And the only thing preventing me from having it today
is myself.

That's All She Wrote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af7G6J7zUOQ

2 comments:

  1. I really like this, my favourite parts being 1) the title and 2) the third stanza. Really nice job.

    Happy Almost-Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Happy almost Valentine's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete