Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vertigo


So I just found this story I wrote in 8th grade, but I reread it and remembered that I added some more stuff in the summer of 9th grade...and I stole some names from people I know in real life and the story is slightly based on my life haha but not everything is correct...



Chapter 1
She knew that down there, in the audience, they were cheering her on.  She hoped on that one fragment of a wish and blew a kiss to the millions of people out there.  The crowd went wild.  “We love you Hannah!!!”  They cried.  No, it wasn’t Hannah Montana they were cheering for.  This is someone new who has stepped into the spotlight.  Someone who has been given a chance to show herself to the world and is standing upon the stage high-fiving the people in the front row.  She is an idol, a big sister, a daughter, a friend, and a role model.  She was-  
“Get out of bed! You’re going to be late for school again!” came the wake up call from mom. 
“Aaaagh!” the muffled sound of my voice came out from under the Hawaiian print duvet that was on top of my head.  I walked out of my room and into the bathroom and splashed my face with water.  I looked up.  My face was a mess, streaked with black lines from my mascara and shiny splotches glistening around my mouth from my lip gloss.  I was a wreck.  I walked back into my room and opened my second closet.  I picked out the usual jean shorts and flowy t-shirt.  I closed the closet door and got dressed.  I walked into the kitchen and groaned.  “Cereal again?”
“Nope!” came the cheery voice of my sister, Hadley. “Leftover eggs!” her voice had changed to sarcastic. “Yummy yummy!”
“Ew!  Why can’t I have something more appetizing?  Like oh, I don’t know, food for the gods?  Oh wait, what’s the other word for gods?  Oh yeah!  Celebrities!” Apparently Hadley wasn’t the only sarcastic one this morning.  I ate my breakfast and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.  Just my luck, Hadley was there brushing her teeth.  She has the most obnoxious toothbrush.  It plays “Walk Away” by Kelly Clarkson every morning and night.  It’s a good song, but hearing it too many times kind of kills it.
“Can’t you shut that thing off?”
“Uh, yeah, but I like it!” Of course my sister wanted to annoy me.  I guess I would too if I was her. 
After I brushed my teeth I made my bed and threw my miscellaneous stuffed animals onto it.  Then I grabbed my backpack and started out the door.  I hopped into our blue Toyota van and waited for Hadley and mom to get in the car.  My dad yelled out of the bathroom window, “She’s supposed to be riding her bike!” but no one was listening so we took off. 
I walked into my first class of the day, Music Appreciation.  We had a quiz, which was easy and took practically no time at all.  Likewise, the rest of the day was extremely boring as well.



 Chapter 2

 “But for now just take it from me, just listen to me.”  She smiled and let out a giggle as the fans went wild with applause.  She ran backstage to get ready for her next song.  “The last light I saw before I fell in love, were your gorgeous eyes sparkling through the moonlight, baby” She hummed, then took a glance at her back-up band and ran onto the stage.  Cries of joy came louder and louder until they turned into cheers.  “Hannah!  Hannah!” they shouted.  No one else could steal this perfect moment from her except for-
“Brittany!”
“Here!”
“Hannah!” a pause.  “Hannah?”
“Here!  I’m here!” I shouted, waking up from my daydream.  I know I should be awake; it was already third period. 
“Tonight’s homework is to do the self-test on page 253 to 254, numbers one through twenty-eight…” I wrote down my homework and I started to daydream again about summer break.  It was going to be so exciting!  Even though I’m taking a math class to move up to the accelerated course, I’m also practicing water polo on my school’s summer team in the morning.  Maybe if I’m lucky, my boyfriend Will will be there.  (He shares my love for water polo)

Sunday, June 21
Thank the lord I am done with school!  I shouldn’t get too excited thought; I’ve finished my first week of the four-week math class and it’s four and a half hours each day! Unfortunately, I’m stuck with this incoming junior named Terence who has an apparently uncontrollable crush on me.  The worst part is, he flirts with me and even invited me to see Harry Potter 6 with him, and he knows I have a boyfriend!!! Aaaackk and he’s really creepy as well. Hmm…if I’m lucky maybe I can charm my way out of his mind. 
I have another problem as well with Will.  Even though I really like him, I can’t help looking at other guys too! (especially if they’re extremely hot and shirtless) He also is always trying to make out with me, but I don’t want him only to like me because of my looks and so he can kiss me, but also because of my personality.  Too bad that he doesn’t realize this.  My dad always said “Sweet pea, watch out for all boys between the ages of 14 and 60 because no matter what, they all will want to get into your pants”.  Some advice, huh?  Even though this sounded extremely creepy, I never thought Will would fit into this category as well.  I guess you can’t judge a book by its cover, but in Will’s world, he seems to think that he has full cover-judging rights.

Well, thank the lord I finally gained the courage to break up with Will!  A girl like me deserves someone who respects her for whom she is and loves everything about her, even when she completely screws everything up and makes a fool of herself.  When I’m sad and scared, I need a man who will come to comfort me (and who knows how to comfort me instead of saying that kissing will make everything better).
So my point is that I may have found the guy of my dreams!  His name is Chad Wilson and I haven’t even said a word to him in my life but he is absolutely perfect!  He has short brown curly hair and blue eyes, which happen to be my weakness.  I saw him looking at me a couple times so at least he knows I exist…he should because after all I’m on the same water polo team as he is.  Chad joined the swim team just yesterday, but I knew him from before that.  Most girls have.  Chad Wilson is also known as the teen mega-hottie of the century who sings, acts, dances, and joined the water polo team in attempt to “relate with normal people his own age”.  He’s really shy, so I guess that’s a good thing because once I win him over, he won’t be flirting with other girls.  This also means that I will have to make the first move.




 Chapter 3
“Breathe in, breathe out!” her personal stage manager Amber advised.  But she knew out there in the audience he was waiting.  She knew she had to impress him, let him know she was there for him, that she belonged to him and he had to know this.  “Change of song everybody!” she shouted to her band and back-up dancers.  “I’m gonna try the new duet!”  “With who?” Amber questioned.  She responded while grinning broadly, “Chad Wilson.”

2 comments:

  1. its cute, i like it! :D
    are you going to finish it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha nah mayeb I'll write a little more here and there, but school is too busy and I'm focusing more on songs than stories lol

    ReplyDelete