Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Parallel

I thought that I would be over this by now,
and I would go back
to chasing you mindlessly.

But I realized that a few months apart
can really be translated into years of experience
especially with you.

The more information I absorb,
the more I slowly lose my innocence,
and I can never go back and retrace my steps,
but only continue down this dark path.
I feel like I'm being pushed every day,
unwillingly,
to discover more and more
of the secrets life hold for me.

But it's a nightmare,
and I try to turn around and run
and with every step I strain backward,
only to be pushed forward ten steps.
My problem is that I look around along the route,
and absorb all that surrounds me,
while you aimlessly wander
with no hint that you're ruining your life
because you don't have the information to understand it.

I wish I could go back to the days
when the Prince Charming knew more than she did,
and no matter what she knew,
he was aways the smarter one,
he was always one step ahead of her.
But now she knows too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment