Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Flush Forever

In perspective,
it's a child's games,
that we used to play at recess
on the playground,
with all the classmates singing about us being in a tree
and k-i-s-s-i-n-g.

But this innocence is found once again
in the way you smile at me,
face blushing pink,
and I grin and say hey.

It's found when you turn around
and wave
and I flashback to the times when we would skip together
in the grass
under the sun
and share a reluctant hug goodbye

And although these moments
are cherished,
the ones I love the most are those
when you hold me
and it means something,
no longer playing,
and my future flashes in front of my eyes.

However,
there's the worst part,
when I realize how much I've matured.
She talked today of how the children are so young,
and do not understand the truth
in life and death
but I know.
It's valuable,
and coming so close to losing it left a scar on me.
I wear it every day and try to forget,
but I am not pure.
I lost my one chance of being reborn
by committing to this mistake.

Someday you might understand,
but you're too young now,
so I won't try to develop this seeing in your eyes
in order to heal mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment