Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rainbow

It's a perfect day,
the sun is shining,
and everyone is happy.
Pretty simple.

But one event goes wrong,
hurts slightly,
and ruins this perfect image.
But it snowballs,
and rolls into time after time,
each tiny thing building up
to crash on top of me.

So many times after this chain
has lashed me to the ground
have I brought the knife to my skin,
prepared to relieve myself of this pain.

So many times
have I planned it out perfectly,
escaped my house,
to think clearly before
my hands reach my throat,
the blade pierces my skin,
or the water pulls me in.

But so many times
have I
stopped
halted
seized
to follow through,
because there's too much to lose.

So I thank you, my loved ones, friends, and passions
to keep me here on this day.
Life is a troubling path,
but you must stay on it to reach the pot of gold at the end of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment