Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fever

I did it.
I can't believe it actually happened: when I think back on what that night was like, it seems as if it was only a dream.
The best night of my life and he agrees.
Why couldn't it have lasted longer? I can only wish for that.
Why couldn't our goodbye hug have lingered a while more? I can only dream for that.
These small lines I've written have taken so long because everytime I stop to think about what I need to say, no words come.
Only my emotions come flooding back mixed with this fever I'm feeling now.
That's what he must have given me. I'm not under his spell, nor has he given me a disease. I have caught his fever instead.
I have never felt so comfortable with anyone before, even though our encounter should have been awkward.
At first, being with him sent me chills, the first symptom.
After dancing a while things grew warmer and warmer until I was burning from him.
Even at the end when I couldn't breathe when we hugged, I didn't know I had caught it until it was too late.

This is the best sickness I have ever had.

3 comments: