Monday, April 11, 2011

Clouds

I hate that feeling when you know what you have to do,
and you are just started to grasp the amount of pain you're going to have to go through
in order to reach the finish line.

It's the feeling you get when you realize you're going to pull an all-nighter.
It's the feeling you get when you discover that your 10 page paper is due the next day
It' the feeling you get when you see that you give your 30 minute speech before you go to prom.

It seems as if you can't ever have something good,
without suffering through something else first.

And sometimes,
it's your own fault.

You didn't do you work on time,
you procrastinated until midnight,
or you thought you could cram the night before.

But sometimes,
life decides to dump all this shit on you
and you can't see it,
but suddenly it hits you,
and you think
"Oh."
A very soft, inaudible, "oh."
And you're going to cry.
You know it.
You can't avoid it.
And you do.

I had no clue how tough junior year was going to be,
but now I know.
I understand.
Juggling AP Calculus and AP Biology and AP English
while trying to spend my spare time studying for the ACT and SAT II
and trying to squeeze in 2 hour swim practices and 3 hour water polo practices
is going to take more than a miracle to pull off.

But I'm going to try.

If you can't applaud me for the being the best for everyone else,
applaud me for being the best I can be for myself.

Give Me Everything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ismxqB163QU

3 comments:

  1. Snap, sounds like you've got a crapload on your plate. You'll pull through though, just keep on keeping on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are definitely a busy girl. It will be hard work but I'm sure you will get through it with flying colors.

    ReplyDelete