Friday, July 30, 2010

Ocean Winds

Well hey,
sorry it's been so long.
I was busy thinking...


Sometimes,
losing someone like him seems to be
the hardest thing
that you will ever do.
But here's my theory.

You've been preparing for this loss all your life.
Through all the obstacles you encounter in life,
your body and mind prepare you to bounce back
and to keep moving forward.

I didn't know what I was going to do.
I promised myself that I would never let him go
never let him slip through my fingers
but my grasp was so tight
that I killed him.

I never wanted this to happen to you,
but I couldn't bear to see you go.
I was caught between a rock and a hard place,
but when the time came,
I wanted to let you go.
I knew that I couldn't keep playing games with my mind
knowing that we would both lose in the end.

So I moved on,
big whoop.
Adults do it everyday,
and so now I see that I'm finally growing up.

Welcome to the real world, Hannah.
It's time to jump with confidence into a sea of fears
and to let go of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment