Monday, June 14, 2010

Spotlight

Oh every time I close my eyes
I see my name in shining lights
A different city every night oh
I swear the world better prepare
For when I’m a billionaire




So these are part of the lyrics to Billionaire, and ever since I've heard this song for the first time, it has set fire to my dream to be famous.  I've been watching American Idol and America's Got Talent and following people on twitter and, honestly, I can't even sit there for a full minute without dreaming about living the life they have.  Sure, I'm no where near ready to be a powerful singer, but I've been practicing guitar every day and working on music to the songs I've written and I'm going to learn how to sing The Scientist on Thursday.
I've never stood out for anything in my life.
I've never been recognized for any achievements that are important to me.
Sometimes it feels like no one even cares about what I do, or how well I do.
Even when Im doing my best, it's always good, not great, and I don't deserve the spotlight for being the best, but instead for my effort and time and practice.  But no one ever acknowledges effort.
If I was famous, I would finally be known for doing something I love.  My songs are a major part of my life, and I only wish that someday they could truly benefit me.
So watch out, world, cause I'm fighting.
Every day I come closer and closer to my dream, with every note sung, every chord played, and every lyric written.

No comments:

Post a Comment