Sunday, February 20, 2011

Slumber

So I'm about to write this post,
when I hear my sister say to her friend
"Hey Shelby, wanna go read magazines in my sister's room?"
Soooo I'm probably going to have a deley in publishing this post due to the above reasons.

Anyways...my four day weekend is almost over,
and I have not started my history paper or english essay
or college counseling journal entry.
Oh well.
I'm going to spend this day relaxing
so here is a list of some of my favorite quotations
or parts of songs
that I really like.

"And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight "

~Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls


"You're my now, you're my forever,
you're my freedom, you're my jail.
You're my lies, you're my truth,
you're my questions, you're my proof"
~Lost In The World by Kanye West


"In another life,
I would be your girl.
We keep all our promises,
be us against the world"
~The One That Got Away by Katy Perry


"You give me that hummingbird heartbeat,
Spread my wings and make me fly.
The taste of your honey is so sweet,
when you give me that hummingbird heartbeat"
~Hummingbird Heartbeat by Katy Perry


"If the stars don't align,
if it doesn't stop time
if you can't see the sign
wait for it.
One hundred percent,
worth every penny you spent,
he'll be the one that finishes your sentences.


If it's not like the movies,
that's how it should be.
When he's the one 
I'll come undone
and my world will stop spinning
and it's just the beginning"
~Not Like The Movies by Katy Perry


"You know you're at the top when only heaven's right above it"
~Right Above It by Lil' Wayne


"Love is not a victory march,
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah"
~Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen


"This night is sparkling, don't you let it go.
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home.
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew.
This night is flawless, don't you let it go.
I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone.
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you"
~Enchanted by Taylor Swift






And I did my nails yesterday
and they look like this
(All different colors, and some were sparkly)

But then today I accidentally ruined a bunch 
so I painted them over all black
with 3 gold dots in each one
so they look like this












































Anyways,
I love painting my nails and I want to buy the Katy Perry nail polish line which has black shatter which is SO cool.

I watched Inception for the first time today and it was amazinggg...whoever thought all that stuff up is a genius. It must have taken so long to put every piece together.


To go with the theme of dreaming:
Just a Dream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkyfRu-dpvc

2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for a good quote. My favourtie quote is by Euripides:

    "I have found power in the mysteries of thought,
    Exhaltation in the changing of the Muses;
    I have been versed in the reasonings of men;
    But fate is stronger than anything I have known."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's a good one, I really like practically anything by Emerson, especially from his Self-Reliance essay.

    ReplyDelete